05 March 2007

Making Money On The Internet, Update 1

I submitted this blog to Google AdSense as an ad publisher, and they'll get back to me in a few days with either an approval or disapproval notification. I'll keep you informed of the outcome.

I also submitted this blog, as well as two other Web sites I'm the Webmaster of, to text-link-ads.com as an ad publisher. Of course, with fewer than 400 visitors per month, I didn't expect this blog to be accepted, but the two Web sites I submitted have considerably more traffic. One is three years old with nearly 400 visitors per day, more than 850 page views per day, and nearly 700 inbound links. For every submission, I received the following reply within a minute:

"Thanks for your submission!

"We are sorry but your site has not been accepted into our publisher program at this time. The main reason for websites not being accepted is because of our minimum traffic and link popularity requirements. Please do note that we do reevaluate all submissions monthly and will notify you via email as soon as you are accepted. Hopefully soon!

"In the meantime you are invited into our affiliate program. You can display text links or banner ads on your properties and earn $25 everytime someone you refer to TLA makes a purchase or is accepted into our publishing program."

So much for text-link-ads.com. They aren't interested in small potatoes, but at least they don't keep you waiting for their answer.

I also submitted this blog to Blogsvertise.com as an ad publisher. It was the first one I found that didn't require the blog to be at least three months old. Unfortunately, when I started my blog, the new Blogger was just coming online and I didn't want to get involved with all the bugs in a beta release, so I started my blog elsewhere. However, I wasn't getting any traffic and none of the search engines had indexed the blog, either, so I migrated it to the new Blogger in the middle of January, where it was indexed nine days later and I started getting search engine traffic.

Like most of the other programs I checked out, Blogsvertise's program only pays through PayPal. One thing I noticed is that their rules are inconsistent regarding how much is written in the blog, since the Publisher's Rules require approximately 75 words or more, while Blogsvertise's advertisers are told that the blogger's post will be at least 60 words.

According to the message I received after I created an account on their Web site, I should only have to wait 24 hours before I find out if this blog has been approved or rejected. So I'll let you know of that outcome fairly soon, too.

No comments: